Beta Club Requirements
- 4th or 5th Grade Students
- Academic Achievement: All As and Bs on your report card with at least 3 As.
- Character: Students should exemplify outstanding character at school and in the community. Two recommendation forms must be submitted.
- Leadership: Students should demonstrate willingness to become the leaders of tomorrow.
- Service: Students must demonstrate our motto: Let us lead by serving others! Students will participate in the CCES Junior Beta Club service project(s) and complete 3 individual service projects per semester.
Service Project Ideas
- Help your parents go through old clothes, toys, etc. and select unwanted items to donate to a charity.
- Make cards or treats for the police, fire department, nursing home, etc.
- Pick up trash or litter around your neighborhood.
- Spend a recess period picking up trash on the playground.
- Volunteer to help Ms. Price re-shelve books in the Media Center during your recess.
- Be a "mother's helper" and play with younger children while their parent is busy.
- Grow out your hair and donate to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer or other hair-loss issues.
- CCES Safety Patrol (5th grade)
- CCES Recycling Team (5th grade)
- CCES Kindergarten Tutor (5th Grade)
- Volunteer to help set up or clean up at an event (Fall Festival, Santa Breakfast, etc.)
- Volunteer for extra chores to earn money to donate to a charity.
- Volunteer to help serve food to the homeless.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringer or other volunteer
- Volunteer to be a "Buddy" for a child with special needs at baseball, football, cheerleading, or basketball. (Challenge League Facebook Page)
- Operation Christmas Child
- "Adopt" a child for Christmas
- Rivers Alive
- Great Lake Allatoona Clean Up
- Etowah Valley Humane Society: Volunteer, Foster Animals, Donate Items
- Volunteer at Church (help in nursery, clean up, etc.)
- Invite family and friends to support a charity important to you for your birthday (Instead of people buying you a gift, they donate to your favorite charity)
- Good Neighbor Homeless Shelter
Please give serious consideration as to how you will carry out the service aspect of our club membership. Discuss with your parents ways that you might be able to help others. Any service you provide should be meaningful and important. Your service should be strictly volunteer work; you should receive no compensation, other than the satisfaction of having helped others.
Club Advisor: Miss Robin Morrow firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication: Most of our communication will be through Remind (You can sign up for text or email) so it is important to sigh up. Simply dial 81010 and text @ccesbeta or send an email to CCESBeta@mail.remind.com.
- Student Greeters
- Hats & Mittens
- Kid President: How to Change the World
- Mac & Cheese & Pancakes
- London's 5th Birthday
- Polished Girlz
- Change the World in 5 Minutes a Day
- Joshua-Feeding Those in Need
- Vivienne-Take a Stand with Lemonade
- Caiden-Pay it forward School Lunches
- Jacob-Triathlete Philanthropist